This image is one of over 108,000 from the AMICA Library (formerly The Art Museum Image Consortium Library- The AMICO Library), a growing online collection of high-quality, digital art images from over 20 museums around the world.
www.davidrumsey.com/amica offers subscriptions to this collection, the finest art image database available on the internet. EVERY image has full curatorial text and can be studied in depth by zooming into the smallest details from within the Image Workspace.
- Cultures and time periods represented
range from contemporary art, to ancient Greek, Roman, and Egyptian works.
- Types of works include paintings, drawings,
watercolors, sculptures, costumes, jewelry, furniture, prints, photographs,
textiles, decorative art, books and manuscripts.
Gain access to this incredible resource through either a
monthly or a yearly subscription and search the entire collection from
your desktop, compare multiple images side by side and zoom into the minute
details of the images. Visit www.davidrumsey.com/amica
for more information on the collection, click on the link below the
revolving thumbnail to the right, or email us at email@example.com
Creator Name: Schnatterpeck, Hans
Creator Nationality: European; Central European; Austrian
Creator Role: Artist
Creator Dates/Places: 1550 - 1610
Creator Name-CRT: Hans Schnatterpeck
Title: Lute-Playing Angel
Title Type: Primary
View: Full View
Creation Start Date: 1503
Creation End Date: 1511
Creation Date: made shortly after 1503
Object Type: Sculpture
Materials and Techniques: Black Forest balsalm fir with polychromy
Dimensions: Overall: 75cm
AMICA Contributor: The Cleveland Museum of Art
Owner Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
ID Number: 1959.340
Credit Line: Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Severance A. Millikin
Provenance: one of the angels from the church at Lana in the Tyrol, removed or sold during World War II; (Mr. and Mrs. Severance A. Millikin.
Context: This sculpture was originally placed at the top of the altarpiece of the church at Lana, near Meran, inthe South Tyrol (now part of present day North Italy). The sculptor had contracted in 1503 to complete this altar within eight years for the payment of 1,600 gilders.
AMICA ID: CMA_.1959.340
AMICA Library Year: 2001
Media Metadata Rights:
Copyright, The Cleveland Museum of Art
AMICA PUBLIC RIGHTS: a) Access to the materials is granted for personal and non-commercial use. b) A full educational license for non-commercial use is available from Cartography Associates at www.davidrumsey.com/amica/institution_subscribe.html c) Licensed users may continue their examination of additional materials provided by Cartography Associates, and d) commercial rights are available from the rights holder.
Copyright © 2007 Cartography Associates.
All rights reserved.